Neck pain – everyone gets a stiff neck once and a while, don’t they? It may happen first thing in the morning if you have slept in the wrong position or after a long workday when you have been sitting in front of a computer. Not everyone is aware that there is a vast difference between an occasional stiff neck to one that hurts a lot and is affecting your daily life on a regular basis.
When To See A Chiropractor
- Your neck pain or stiffness does not improve after a few days.
- You find looking to the right or left difficult without pain.
- You are using pain medications daily to treat your pain.
- You are worried that your pain may have a serious cause.
- Your initial pain has now moved to numbness or tingling in your arms.
- Your neck pain developed after a car accident.
What May Cause Neck Pain?
- Nerve (tingling/numbness/weakness into your arms or hands)
- Joint (altered joint position and condition/reduced range of motion)
- Soft tissue (muscles/ ligaments and fascia can all effect your neck)
- Whiplash (neck exposed to sudden excess forces)
Today’s modern living causes immense problems for the neck and shoulder region. Every day we are stationed at our desks and computers for much longer than ever before. This usually leads to poor work-related posture, stresses and inactivity which in turn eventually can all cause pain and discomfort in the neck and shoulder region. This can also be associated with headaches. Contact us for an initial consultation and we can work together to find the best longlasting solution for you.