Everyone gets a stiff neck once and a while. It may happen first thing in the morning if you have slept in the wrong position or after a long workday when you have been sitting in front of a computer. Please be aware that there is a vast difference between an occasional stiff neck to one that hurts and is affecting your daily life.
When To See A Chiropractor For Neck Pain
- Your neck pain or stiffness does not improve after a few days.
- You find looking to the right or left difficult without neck pain.
- You are using pain medications daily to treat your neck pain.
- You are worried that your neck pain may have a serious cause.
- Your initial neck pain has now moved to numbness or tingling in your arms.
- Your neck pain developed after a car accident.
What May Cause Neck Pain?
- Nerve (tingling/numbness/weakness into your arms or hands)
- Joint (altered joint position and condition/reduced range of motion)
- Soft tissue (muscles/ ligaments and fascia can all effect your neck)
- Whiplash (neck exposed to sudden excess forces)
Today’s modern living causes immense problems for the neck and shoulder region. We are stationed at our desks and computers much longer than ever before. This usually leads to poor work posture, stresses and inactivity which eventually can all cause pain and discomfort in the neck and shoulder region. This can also be associated with headaches.